Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sonrise Bible Study Update

This was my prayer. That we could gather and be real if not vulnerable as we grow in Christ and share the unpredictable walk of life with others who care. Good group dynamics normally flow (or not) over a period of weeks and months. Our small group went deep very fast. I'm grateful to God and somewhat amazed by what we already have.

Aside from my blog, I've been pretty low key about "marketing" the Monday morning group. I don't want this to be a group of people I think should come. I want it to be a group of people God thinks should come. I'm pulling together topics and faciliating discussion (call me Oprah) but otherwise just trying to stay out of the way as God leads.

We'd be honored to have you join us: www.sonrising.blogspot.com

A small prayer request: I'm speaking at DTS tomorrow at a "thank you" luncheon for donors ... would appreciate a small prayer that the Holy Spirit takes over, bringing glory to God and favorable light to the seminary (and that someone's there to catch me if I faint).

Sarah

2 comments:

della said...

I thought about offering you some encouraging words from Mark 13:11, but after further consideration of the context in which this verse is written, I will just pray...

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on Sarah. May Your sweet presence fill her with radiance and Your Holy Spirit fill her with words of life. We ask so that You will be glorified.

Sarah Onderdonk said...

BEYOND funny re. Mark 13... you are just on a roll here, friend. That I.O. book stole my humor for a month (worth the grin deficit in the end, of course). Good to see your wit still intact!

and thank you for that lovely prayer... very perfect... thank you.