Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


Today I count my blessings for all the wonderful fathers I've known... my dad, my husband, my brother and the mentors along the way who have helped me see beyond cloudy horizons. I think of the grandfather I never met who molded the mind and the character of my own father, who is a truly great and noble man. I think about my husband, Todd, who on any given day is Spiderman, Superman, Mr. Incredible, The Incredible Hulk, Rocky (in his prime), the Maytag Man (technically speaking), the Verizon Guy (see Maytag descriptor) , General Custer ("Help!!! There's a BUG in the shower!!!!!"), Bruce Lee (Congratulations on your GREEN BELT!), Bill Gates ("Let's see what we spent this month at... Walmart, Target, Walmart, Target, Walmart, Target, Walmart, Walmart, Walmart...") and Bono (perenially cool) in the eys of his family. Lastly but above all, I think of my Father in heaven who made possible all these wonderful men.

For many, this is a day for rejoicing. For others, it is a day of reflection and sadness. Whether you celebrate those who live or mourn those who have passed, take comfort in knowing that Abba, your loving Father, is with you today and always.

Happy Father's Day, dear ones.

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby

No comments: