Saturday, August 02, 2008

Love Letters Ministry



God has worked so powerfully through a gracious and godly woman in my church who has been sending me letters of encouragement for several years now. The letters lead off with a Scripture verse and conclude with a short, personal note that always speaks to my soul. In a world of Blackberries and e-mail and IM, it's a special day when a hand-written note lands in the mailbox.

My Bible study group is launching a "Love Letters" ministry and I'd like to invite you to contact me with the name and address of someone you know who needs encouragement. Tell us a little bit about the person and his or her needs. Then, one of us will send a letter with a relevant Bible verse. You can contact me at: sarah@sarahonderdonk.com

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I think this is awesome.
So many people need something that they can hold in their hands. It then acts as a reminder that they are not alone.
May God bless this ministry.
I know you will touch their hearts.

Sarah Onderdonk said...

Sharon, thanks so much for your kind words. I can't take credit for the idea... I just pray that God will work through this ministry to help others in the way that it has helped me. A letter can be a simple but powerful tool of encouragement in our times of need. Now, I will hop over to your blog! Thanks for writing!