Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Taming Transitions



"... the Lord will go before you, and God of Israel will be your rear guard." Isaiah 52: 12 (b)

This is for all you parents with bittersweet hearts today as you launch your children on a new leg of the journey. It's my favorite verse of assurance in times of transition. It's the picture of God paving the way... clearing obstacles ahead... while standing strong behind us... protecting and safeguarding.

I've had to remind myself the past couple of days that most transitions tote some degree of uncertainty and fear. But on the other end of most change is a routine... a rhythm... a familiar groove.

Take heart in whatever transition you face today or tomorrow that God is all around you!

(Sunrise pic by ccgd... check here for restrictions.)

2 comments:

resonating reflections said...

Thanks Sarah!!! I can't believe we have a senior! what a great verse to hide in my heart for this entire year! You're a blessing!

Sarah Onderdonk said...

i can't believe you have a senior, either. tell me again... what vitamins do you take?

(btw... YOU are the blessing.)